ugh, all this time i have been saying “lunchable hotdogs” when i could have just said “cocktail weenie”.
- Carp Crapperson: yeah.
- Carp Crapperson: I just read the book Carrie.
- and now i am mad about the movie portrayals of her.
- she's always played by a skinny white girl
- but in the book it explicitly says that she was teased about her weight a lot, a lot a lot. and they called her a pudding and compared her to a cow so many times.
- plus it also explicitly detailed that her dad had dark skin and black hair.
- but nope
- all that adds up to pretty skinny white girls with clear skin in the movie world.
- mada dame yo: I didn't know that, but it does make sense
- mada dame yo: and honestly, it's gross on many levels
- mada dame yo: because it just swipes the majority of bullying victims and reasons people are bullied under the rug
- mada dame yo: and by doing such it continues to propogate the idea that it's acceptable to be shitty to people if they aren't beautiful enough
- mada dame yo: instead of it being portrayed as a poor attractive girl being pissed on just because
- mada dame yo: "see, it's terrible they're mean to her because she actually IS beautiful!"
- mada dame yo: rather than "see, just because someone is different, doesn't mean you should be a dick to them"
Look at that little ladder waiting for its plane.
i dont believe in this
The most dangerous thing society teaches boys and men, especially white boys and men, is that their emotions are objective logic and reason and that anyone who disagrees is being irrational.
Taken from MANTRAS zine
This zine is a culmination of how i got myself thru/still getting myself thru things and also things that i love and things that make me happy, mostly Stevie Nicks. I hope i don’t come off as someone who has her shit together, most of this zine is me yelling at myself and it’s really difficult to follow the directions that i give to myself, like “TAKE WHAT’S YOURS” and “DON’T HIDE!” it’s very difficult and on most days i don’t follow these directions and i fail completely. But i still yell at myself because it’s necessary that i always have these things etched in me so i have something to hold on to when shit hits the fan. - Fabiola
i cant believe this im so giddy n honoured!